The mission of the Midland Rape Crisis and Children’s Advocacy Center is to:
- ease and heal the emotional trauma of the victim and the family;
- guide the victim through the maze of the medical and legal systems;
- provide support for making informed decisions; and,
- advocate for victim’s needs.
Who We Are
The Midland Rape Crisis and Children’s Advocacy Center is:
- A private, not-for-profit agency;
- A group of frontline professionals and volunteer advocates;
- Committed to helping survivors of sexual assault/sexual abuse and survivors of homicide victims put the shattered pieces of their lives back together by providing them with comprehensive response services;
- Committed to helping survivors of all ages and their loved ones at no cost;
- Committed to raising awareness in the community about sexual assault and child sexual abuse issues; and,
- Committed to working as a team, side-by-side with our partner agencies: Midland Police Department, Midland County Sheriff’s Office, Children’s Protective Services, Midland County District Attorney’s Office and Midland Memorial Hospital.
In 1979, the Midland Rape Crisis Center opened its doors and began providing sexual assault services to sexual assault survivors. The agency was the product of a group of individuals and law enforcement representatives who were concerned about rape and its consequences.
In September 1996, the Center proudly added the Children’s Advocacy Center program. The Children’s Advocacy Center program was established in an effort to enhance the sensitivity and responsiveness of the criminal and civil justice systems to victims of child sexual abuse and severe physical abuse.
The agency is now known as the Midland Rape Crisis and Children’s Advocacy Center. The Center has expanded its comprehensive services to help survivors of sexual assault, survivors of sexual abuse as well as survivors of homicide victims. The Center’s services are offered at no cost.
The Center is now comprised of four programs:
- Crisis and Support Services
- Children’s Advocacy Center
The Center’s programs are funded by federal and state grants, the United Way of Midland, grants from local foundations, agency fundraisers and from private contributions.