Therapy Program Director
Satellite Office in Big Spring, TX
Provides counseling and support services to victims of sexual assault, sexual abuse, child physical abuse, incest, victims of homicide and their non-offending loved ones. Understands the purpose and function of the Midland Rape Crisis Center and is knowledgeable of all existing policies and procedures.
- Performs day-to-day program services which include but are not limited to: intake and assessment of all incoming client’s caseload; development of assistance plans for both primary and secondary clients, preparation of discharge plans, documents all client interventions, and maintains adequate records in accordance with the Records policy.
- Coordinates and arranges for the facilitation of support groups and group therapy as needed.
- Provides crisis intervention services when needed at the hospital, law enforcement agencies, or District Attorney’s Office or at the Center offices.
- Informs clients of their rights; the Victim Compensation Act, and rules of confidentiality.
- Provides on-call services on a rotating basis with other staff and is available for when the volunteers need assistance with clients as well as work after-hour cases when volunteers are unavailable.
- Assist with the 24hour hotline if volunteers are not available.
- Maintain a good work relationship with the legal and medical agencies and make appropriate referrals to cooperating agencies as well as assisting these agencies with referrals for them as needed.
- Attend staff, coalition and multi-disciplinary meetings as necessary.
- Attend off site trainings as necessary
- Attend Volunteer Sexual Assault Training
- Other duties as assigned by the Therapy Program Director.
A Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology, Counseling.
Background and Experience:
- Evidence of skill working with survivors of trauma and abuse
- A proven track record as an individual capable of maintaining confidentiality, and possessing emotional stability, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Possess basic computer skills
- Be organized and turn in all statistics and time sheets in a timely manner.
- An ability to work with all victims of sexual assault, sexual abuse, and incest without bias or prejudice regarding prostitution, drug abuse, abortion, use of alcohol, difference in abilities, age, race, color, creed, or religious affiliation.