Join us on the Frontline!
For information on becoming a volunteer with the Midland Rape Crisis and Children’s Advocacy Center contact Lee Anne Sconiers, the Volunteer Coordinator, at (432) 682-7273 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consider helping us in one or more of the following areas.
Crisis and Support Volunteer Advocate Programs
Volunteers are the heart of our agency. They help reduce the trauma a survivor experiences from sexual assault. They provide emotional support for survivors and their loved ones.
They offer information to the survivor to help them understand their options so that survivors can make the best choices for themselves. Volunteers help explain sexual assault exam procedures, law enforcement procedures, the legal process and counseling opportunities.
Volunteer advocates may choose to work with adults, children or both; they may choose to work days, evenings or weekends.
Prospective volunteers are interviewed before and after receiving training and all applicants must give permission for a criminal background check.
- Hotline Support —Hotline volunteers sign up for one week shifts to carry the MRCCAC hotline cellular phone. Volunteers answer calls from 5 p.m. until 8 a.m. Monday thru Thursday, 5 p.m. Friday until 8 a.m. Monday.
- Hospital Accompaniment —Hospital accompaniment volunteers sign up for one week shifts to carry the MRCCAC hospital line cellular phone. Volunteers respond to the Midland Memorial Hospital emergency room from 5 p.m. until 8 a.m. Monday thru Thursday, 5 p.m. Friday until 8 a.m. Monday, when a sexual assault victim presents at the ER for a sexual assault exam.
- Pawz For Kids — This “therapy dog” program provides abused children with the ability to interact with gentle, specially-trained dogs, providing a unique opportunity for healing and acceptance.
- Children’s Advocacy Center Volunteers — Volunteers are available between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. to provide crisis intervention for children and their loved ones when they are brought to the Children’s Advocacy Center program for a forensic interview. Volunteers reduce the anxiety of child victims by making them comfortable when they arrive at the Center and by interacting with them in our child friendly waiting room. They offer support and information for the loved ones of child victims during the child’s interview.
- Staff Support Volunteer Opportunities — Volunteers answer the phones, assist with large mail projects, provide support for large copy jobs for the Education and Therapy programs, assist with assembly of West Texas Conference on Responding to Child Sexual Victimization conference materials and other tasks.
- Your tax-deductible contributions are welcome. Please mail them to:
Midland Rape Crisis and Children’s Advocacy Center
P.O. Box 10081
Midland, Texas 79702
- You may also donate online, using your credit card, via this secure website.
- Donate to Our Wish List [Coming soon!]
- Special Events