MRCCAC provides therapy to survivors of sexual assault, sexual abuse and homicide when they choose to deal with the effects of their trauma. Licensed professional counselors and licensed master social workers provide therapy services free of charge. Therapy is provided for as long as needed.
THERAPY PROGRAM MISSION
- To help reduce the trauma caused by sexual assault, sexual abuse and homicide through addressing the individual needs of the client and family in therapy.
- To provide an internship program and a site for students to gain hands on experience training.
THERAPY PROGRAM GOALS
- To provide a place of caring and support for all clients.
- To help create a new support system for families.
- To provide short and long term therapy to individuals and families.
- To meet the needs of the community concerning sexual assault, sexual abuse and homicide by providing appropriate therapies for individuals and families.
- To continue on-going professional training to enhance our practice strategies and techniques to benefit the needs of our clients.
BENEFITS OF THERAPY
Therapy helps survivors:
- To identify and accept their feelings.
- To increase self-acceptance and self-respect.
- To encourage self-reliance.
- To improve coping skills.
- To improve communication skills.
- To be creative and resourceful in confronting problems.
MRCCAC THERAPY CLIENTS
TYPES OF THERAPY OFFERED
- Sand Tray
- Therapy Specific for Children With Attachment Disorder
- Adult Survivors Childhood Sexual Abuse Support Group