MRCCAC provides therapy to survivors of sexual assault, sexual abuse and homicide when they choose to deal with the effects of their trauma. Licensed Professional Counselors and Licensed Professional Counselor Interns provide therapy services free of charge. Therapy is provided for as long as needed.
THERAPY PROGRAM MISSION
- To help reduce the trauma caused by sexual assault, sexual abuse and homicide through addressing the individual needs of the client and family in therapy.
- To provide an internship program and a site for students to gain hands-on experience training.
THERAPY PROGRAM GOALS
- To provide a place of caring and support for all clients.
- To help create a new support system for families.
- To provide short and long term therapy to individuals and families.
- To meet the needs of the community concerning sexual assault, sexual abuse and homicide by providing appropriate therapies for individuals and families.
- To continue on-going professional training to enhance our practice strategies and techniques to benefit the needs of our clients.
BENEFITS OF THERAPY
Therapy helps survivors:
- To identify and accept their feelings.
- To increase self-acceptance and self-respect.
- To encourage self-reliance.
- To improve coping skills.
- To improve communication skills.
- To be creative and resourceful in confronting problems.
MRCCAC THERAPY CLIENTS
TYPES OF THERAPY OFFERED
- Sand Tray
- Thrive: Adult, Female Survivors of Sexual Assault/Abuse Support Group
- Adult, Male Survivors of Sexual Assault/Abuse Group
- Parents and Guardians of Child Survivors of Sexual Assault Group – COMING SOON
Men’s Support Group will begin January 7, 2019
Thrive: Women’s Support Group begins March 18, 2019
If you are interested in participating, contact
Candace Garcia at (432) 682-7273 or email email@example.com.